The present building is the third court house structure. This one was built in
1933-34, by the Johnson Construction Company of Beckley, WV. The first two courthouses
were destroyed by fire. The monument on the lawn was built in 1903 as a memorial to
Preston County soldiers who led the nation in Union patriotism with volunteers in
government service. The cannon was delivered from Fort Sumter July 31, 1912 by rail and
then by three teams of horses from the railroad station.
Located on corner of Main and Price Streets in Kingwood, WV, Preston County's county seat.
The Preston County Inn, built in 1857 as a private home, has been operated as an
inn since 1932.
The Inn is equipped with eight air-conditioned rooms with telephone, TV, and private bath.
Lunch is served Wed - Fri and Dinner is served Fri & Saturday. Rooms are
available at very reasonable prices.
There are three dining rooms, a lounge, and an open air deck.
The spacious front porch with its rocking chairs and swing allows visitors to quietly
observe life in a small town.
Located on Main Street, within walking distance of
Kingwood's downtown shops.
Morgantown, WV and Deep Creek, Maryland
are within a 30 minute drive.
For additional information call (304) 329-2220.
Directions/Locations: WV Route 7 in